Data Protection Officer (TÜV) Training and Certification
Our Data Protection Officer (TÜV) Training and Certification program is meticulously designed to equip Data Protection Officers and individuals responsible for personal data processing with critical knowledge on privacy and data security. This program delves deep into the competencies required to manage an organization's data processing activities in strict adherence to the Republic Act No. 10173, also known as the Data Privacy Act of 2012. Through a blend of expert-led instructions, case studies, and interactive sessions, participants will emerge with a profound understanding of how to navigate the complexities of data privacy laws and implement robust data protection strategies. By assigning a focal person dedicated to the protection of personal data, organizations can ensure they not only comply with legal requirements but also build trust and integrity in their data management practices.
Graduates of our Data Protection Officer (TÜV) Training and Certification showcase:
- Data Privacy Act Mastery: A deep understanding of the Data Privacy Act of 2012, its IRR, and international laws, equipping them to navigate global data privacy requirements.
- Data Protection Skills: The ability to organize and implement effective data protection and security strategies within their organizations.
- Leadership in Privacy: Comprehensive knowledge of a DPO’s roles and responsibilities, ensuring data privacy compliance and effective data protection management.
These outcomes affirm our program's role in preparing participants to safeguard personal data and lead privacy initiatives.
This program is ideal for:
- Privacy and Compliance Professionals: Including Compliance Officers for Privacy (COPs), Personal Information Controllers (PICs), and Processors (PIPs).
- Security Experts: Information security and cybersecurity practitioners.
- Legal Professionals: Lawyers and legal advisors specializing in data protection.
- Data Protection Officers (DPOs) and staff involved in data handling: Those in roles related to the collection, processing, storage, and management of personal or sensitive data.
To enroll in the Data Protection Officer (TÜV) Training and Certification, candidates must meet the following:
- Education: A college degree or higher.
- Experience: At least two years of relevant work experience in fields like IT security, risk management, or data protection.
These criteria ensure participants are well-prepared for the advanced content and discussions within the program.
Understanding the Data Privacy Act of 2012 and Its Implementing Rules (IRR)
- Introduction to the Data Privacy Act: Comprehensive overview of the Data Privacy Act of 2012, focusing on its purpose, scope, and the principles underlying personal data protection.
- Implementing Rules and Regulations: Detailed analysis of the IRR, elucidating the operational aspects, compliance requirements, and procedural guidelines for ensuring adherence to the act.
- Comparison with International Data Protection Laws: Exploration of how the Data Privacy Act aligns with and differs from other international data protection laws, including GDPR, to provide participants with a global perspective on data privacy.
Organization of Data Protection and Data Security in the Company
- Developing a Data Protection Framework: Guidelines for establishing a robust data protection framework within an organization, including the creation of policies, procedures, and the integration of data security measures.
- Risk Management and Compliance: Strategies for identifying, assessing, and mitigating data protection risks, and ensuring continuous compliance with data privacy laws and regulations.
- Technical and Organizational Measures: Examination of the technical and organizational measures that can be implemented to secure personal data, including encryption, access control, and employee training programs.
Duties, Roles, Responsibilities, and Authorities of Data Protection Officers
- Role of the Data Protection Officer: Overview of the DPO's critical role within the organization, including acting as the liaison between the company, data subjects, and regulatory authorities.
- Duties and Responsibilities: Comprehensive breakdown of the DPO’s duties, from monitoring compliance with data protection laws to advising on data protection impact assessments and handling data breaches.
- Authority and Positioning within the Organization: Discussion on the positioning of the DPO for operational effectiveness, including the DPO's independence, reporting lines, and authority to carry out their responsibilities.
For payment and other inquiries, please contact Ms. Ma.Luisa Anne Francisco, Senior Sales Executive (+63 998-840-7850).
- Fees are inclusive of training materials and certificate.
- Unless specified in the course brochure, training fees subjected to a 12% VAT.
- All participants are required to pay 50% down payment before the first day of the training.
- TÜV Rheinland Philippines, Inc. reserves the right to postpone and cancel public courses.
- Unless cancelled by TÜV Rheinland Philippines, training fees are non-refundable.
- Participants with late cancellation (five days prior the training schedule) will not be refunded. Full amount of the training fee will be charged and invoiced.
- Transferability: If you are unable to attend, a substitute delegate may attend in your behalf. Please provide the name and title of the substitute delegate
Data Protection Officer (TÜV) Training and Certification
Further interesting seminars for you
CertificationElevate Your Career with Certified Data Privacy Protection Auditor (DPPA) Training
Take Charge of Data Privacy: Empower Yourself with Awareness Training
Top trainersExpert trainers to help you get ahead with competence learning.
1,000+ trainingsTopic seminars and competency courses to help you learn, grow, and build your skills.
TÜV certificatesYour global hallmark of competency confirmation. Trusted and accepted worldwide.