Data Privacy Awareness with Privacy Impact Assessment
Dive into the world of data privacy with our comprehensive training program, designed to empower individuals and organizations to comply with the Data Privacy Act (DPA) of 2012 in the Philippines. Enacted to safeguard the fundamental human right of privacy communication while fostering innovation and growth through the free flow of information, the DPA represents a crucial milestone in ensuring data protection. With the final implementing rules and regulations coming into force in September 2016, compliance is not just an option – it's a mandate for all companies.
This intensive 2-day course is tailored to provide participants with a thorough understanding of the DPA's requirements, equipping both employees and organizations with the knowledge and tools needed to navigate the complexities of data privacy regulations.
At the end of the training, the participants should be able to:
- Acquire a solid understanding of Republic Act No. 10173, also known as the Data Privacy Act of 2012, enabling you to navigate its complexities with confidence.
- Gain insights into the Privacy Impact Assessment process tailored to your industry and organization, empowering you to identify and mitigate privacy risks effectively.
- Develop practical skills in conducting Privacy Impact Assessments aligned with Republic Act No. 10173 and other relevant international and local statutory and regulatory requirements, positioning you as a competent guardian of data privacy within your organization.
This course is recommended for:
- Management professionals seeking to enhance their understanding of data privacy regulations and compliance requirements.
- Management representatives responsible for overseeing data protection initiatives within their organizations.
- Human resource personnel involved in managing employee data and ensuring compliance with data privacy laws.
- Sales and marketing personnel handling customer information and seeking to align practices with data privacy regulations.
- ISO internal auditors tasked with evaluating and ensuring compliance with data privacy standards.
- Data protection officers responsible for overseeing data privacy compliance and mitigating risks within their organizations.
For the most effective learning experience, participants should have:
- A foundational knowledge of data privacy concepts and principles.
- An awareness of their organizational processes and operations.
- A commitment to improving organizational performance and data protection standards.
No specific educational background is needed, making this course accessible to anyone interested in advancing data privacy management within their organization.
1. Data Privacy Act at a Glance:
- Overview of relevant legislation and regulations concerning data privacy, emphasizing the importance of compliance with these laws.
- Explanation of key terms and concepts within the Data Privacy Act.
2. Start with Why:
- Understanding the importance of data privacy and the potential consequences of failing to protect personal information.
- Exploring the ethical and legal responsibilities associated with handling sensitive data.
3. People-Centered Solution:
- Emphasizing the role of individuals in safeguarding data privacy, including employee training, awareness, and accountability.
- Highlighting the significance of creating a culture of privacy within organizations.
4. Data Sharing Agreement:
- Explanation of the purpose and components of data sharing agreements.
- Guidelines for drafting and implementing effective data sharing agreements to ensure compliance and protect data privacy.
5. DPO in a Nutshell:
- Introduction to the Data Protection Officer (DPO) role and their responsibilities.
- Discussion on the importance of appointing a DPO and their role in ensuring compliance with data privacy regulations.
6. Inventory of Systems Filing Policies:
- Guidance on conducting an inventory of systems and data filing policies within an organization.
- Strategies for organizing and managing data to ensure compliance and facilitate Privacy Impact Assessments (PIAs).
7. Basics of Privacy Impact Assessment:
- Overview of Privacy Impact Assessments (PIAs) and their role in identifying and mitigating privacy risks.
- Explanation of the PIA process and key steps involved.
8. Actual PIA Threshold Assessment:
- Practical exercises and case studies to assess the threshold for conducting a PIA.
- Techniques for evaluating the potential privacy risks associated with new projects, initiatives, or systems.
9. Privacy and Data Measures:
- Discussion on the various measures and strategies for protecting privacy and securing data.
- Exploration of encryption, access controls, anonymization techniques, and other methods for mitigating privacy risks.
10. Breach Reporting Procedure:
- Explanation of breach reporting requirements and procedures under data privacy regulations.
- Guidance on how to detect, respond to, and report data breaches effectively.
11. Steps to Compliance Summary:
- Recap of key steps and best practices for achieving compliance with data privacy regulations.
- Checklist or framework for organizations to follow in their compliance efforts.
12. Expanded Privacy Compliance Roadmap:
- In-depth exploration of the ongoing process of maintaining compliance with data privacy regulations.
- Strategies for continuously monitoring, updating, and improving privacy practices within an organization.
For payment and other inquiries, please contact Ms. Ma.Luisa Anne Francisco, Senior Sales Executive (+63 998-840-7850).
- Fees are inclusive of training materials and certificate.
- Unless specified in the course brochure, training fees subjected to a 12% VAT.
- All participants are required to pay 50% down payment before the first day of the training.
- TÜV Rheinland Philippines, Inc. reserves the right to postpone and cancel public courses.
- Unless cancelled by TÜV Rheinland Philippines, training fees are non-refundable.
- Participants with late cancellation (five days prior the training schedule) will not be refunded. Full amount of the training fee will be charged and invoiced.
- Transferability: If you are unable to attend, a substitute delegate may attend in your behalf. Please provide the name and title of the substitute delegate
Data Privacy Awareness with Privacy Impact Assessment
Further interesting seminars for you
CertificationBecome a Certified Data Protection Leader with Our Data Protection Officer (TÜV) Training and Certification.
CertificationElevate Your Career with Certified Data Privacy Protection Auditor (DPPA) Training
Top trainersExpert trainers to help you get ahead with competence learning.
1,000+ trainingsTopic seminars and competency courses to help you learn, grow, and build your skills.
TÜV certificatesYour global hallmark of competency confirmation. Trusted and accepted worldwide.