Radiation Protection Officer Training Course in Medical X-Ray Facility
Step into the pivotal role of a Radiation Protection Officer with our comprehensive training course tailored specifically for medical X-ray facilities. Harnessing a blend of cutting-edge techniques and best practices, this course empowers professionals to ensure safety standards, compliance, and operational efficiency.
- Accreditation & Recognition: Officially acknowledged by the Department of Health – Food and Drug Administration – Center for Device Regulation Radiation Health and Research (DOH-FDA-CDRRHR) and the Professional Regulations Commission. Earn 20 CPD units upon course completion.
- Foundational Knowledge: Understand the core concepts, quantities, and measurements pertinent to diagnostic x-ray services.
- Radiobiological Insight: Gain in-depth knowledge of the radiobiological effects of ionizing radiation.
- Safety Best Practices: Learn to administer x-ray to patients in the safest manner, minimizing risks and maximizing results.
- Operational Excellence: Acquire safe operating standard procedures that prioritize and safeguard both humans and the environment against potential adverse effects of ionizing radiation.
This training is specifically tailored for Registered Radiologic Technologists and X-ray Technologists actively working in the field. Additionally, Clinical Instructors from academic institutions who aim to enrich their curriculum and impart the most up-to-date radiation safety measures to their students will greatly benefit from the course. Whether you're a seasoned professional or an educator striving for excellence, this training offers valuable insights and practices to enhance your proficiency.
To be eligible for this training, participants should:
- Possess a minimum of one year's experience in diagnostic x-ray facilities or have served as an academic instructor in colleges/universities.
- Hold a valid license from the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) as a Registered Radiologic/X-ray Technologist.
- Complete the Radiation Safety Manual before the commencement of the course.
- Radiation Concepts, Quantities and Units
- Principles and Techniques of Radiation Protection
- International Radiation Safety Standards (IAEA-IBSS)
- General Radiation Protection Features of Radiological Equipment
- Radiobiological Effects
- Personnel and Workplace Monitoring
- Optimization of Selected Diagnostic Imaging Procedures
- Quality Management in Medical Radiography
- The Radiation Safety Manual
- A.O. No. 35 s. 1994 - Requirements for the Control of Radiation Hazards from Clinical Diagnostic X-ray Facilities
- A.O. No. 149 s. 2004 - Basic Standards on Radiation Protection and Safety Governing The Authorization for the Introduction and Conduct of Practices Involving X-ray sources in the Philippines
For payment and other inquiries, please contact Mr. Cymon Punzalan, Sales Executive (Cymon.Punzalan@tuv.com |+63 9088903616).
- Fees are inclusive of training materials and certificate.
- Unless specified in the course brochure, training fees subjected to a 12% VAT.
- All participants are required to pay 50% down payment before the first day of the training.
- TÜV Rheinland Philippines, Inc. reserves the right to postpone and cancel public courses.
- Unless cancelled by TÜV Rheinland Philippines, training fees are non-refundable.
- Participants with late cancellation (five days prior the training schedule) will not be refunded. Full amount of the training fee will be charged and invoiced.
- Transferability: If you are unable to attend, a substitute delegate may attend in your behalf. Please provide the name and title of the substitute delegate
Top trainersExpert trainers to help you get ahead with competence learning.
1,000+ trainingsTopic seminars and competency courses to help you learn, grow, and build your skills.
TÜV certificatesYour global hallmark of competency confirmation. Trusted and accepted worldwide.
There are currently no sessions available.